On episode 357 of The London Ear, I was delighted to interview Shiv, an Irish/Zimbabwean artist who is based in Paris. Shiv has a fantastic new EP, entitled ‘The Love Interlude’, released on October 8th. Her current single ‘Where You Are’ is a smoldering piece of soul, funk, sax and all the good things in life.
I really enjoyed my chat with Shiv. As well as her music, it was great to chat about her exploration into film, her cultural identity and life in Paris. I’m not one bit jealous of Shiv living in Paris, nope! Not me! (I’m a very bad liar).
Here’s what was on the playlist for The London Ear 357. What was your favourite track?
1. Gorgeous Wrecks: Army of Regret
2. Maria Kelly: The Sum of The In between
3. Elaine Mai feat Sinead White: Go Slow
4. Patrick Stefan: Anna
5. Dunx: I Land At Sea Howie B Remix
6. Interview with Shiv Part 1
7. Shiv: Golden
8. Interview with Shiv Part 2
9. Shiv: Where You Are
10. Eva Campbell: Echo
11. The Crayon Set: Summer Song (Gui Boratti Rework)
12. Eva Campbell: Echo
Listen On Demand
Thanks for listening, The London Ear is broadcast online and on your radio apps, in Ireland and around the world. You can listen to the show again on RTÉ 2XM on the RTÉ player including all previous episodes. The show is broadcast every Saturday at 1300.