Laura Elizabeth Hughes was in London last week and I caught up with her for a chat. After a hiatus from music, the past few months have seen Laura Elizabeth release an EP, play some high profile gigs and release her new single ‘In My Defence’. That’s not taking a co-write on Ryan O’Shaughnessy’s Eurovision entry, ‘Together’, for Ireland in May last year.
The chat with Laura Elizabeth was really enjoyable and it felt like we had known each other for ages. Thanks to Laura Elizabeth for being so open and sharing your story with us on The London Ear.
The exhibition that Laura spoke about was that of Diane Arbus at the Hayward Gallery in the Southbank Centre. You can find out morehere.
You’ll be able to catch Laura Elizabeth live in Dublin at the Vintage Room at The Workmans Club on May 23rd. Tickets are available from Laura’s website,
1. Tame Impala: Patience
2. whenyoung: Future
3. Little Comets: American Tuna
4. Baba: Hold On Tight
5. Chat with Laura Elizabeth Hughes
6. Laura Elizabeth Hughes: In My Defence
7. Chat with Laura Elizabeth Hughes Part 2
8. Laura Elizabeth Hughes: Straight For Tomorrow
9. Born Stranger x Adal: Like I Mean It
10. The Late David Turpin: unsolved Mystery
11. Participant: Medicine