This week was a chance to chat up with some old friends and make some new ones. Had a great chat with Jim from Bold Things about a gig the band are organizing in London over St Patrick’s Weekend, also had the chance to catch up with Craig from Red Empire to chat about the band’s new single ‘Small Mercies’.
Here’s the playlist:
1. The London Ear Intro
2. Raglans: Lady, Roll Back The Years
3. The Black Delta Movement: Is That Blood On Your Hands
4. We Cut Corners: Best Friends
5. Chat with Jim from Bold Things
6. Bold Things: Hearts Ajar
7. Villagers: The Waves
8. Fifi Rong: Lorna
9. St Vincent: Digital Witness
10. Chat with Craig from Red Empire
11. Red Empire: Like Ritual (Live)
12. Chat with Craig from Red Empire (Part 2)
13. Red Empire: Small Mercies
14. Kodaline: One Day (2014 version)
Thanks for listening. You can listen live every Wednesday at 1400 and the repeat on Sunday nights at 2100. You can listen to the show again on the RTE player.
You can also listen to the show in its entirety on Mixcloud.
The London Ear on RTE 2XM Show 24: March 5 2014 by Nessy on Mixcloud
Don’t forget if you’re Irish and in a band based in the UK or touring in the UK, get in touch I’d love to hear from you. I love hearing new music so if you have something you think I’d be into send me a mail nessy @ nessymon.com (Take out the gaps)
Thanks for listening.
Podcast (thelondonear): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:57 — 23.8MB) | Embed