I was delighted to chat to Éna Brennan on this week’s episode of The London Ear. Éna is an extremely talented composer and musician and is on her way to London for a series of gigs.
Her musical project ‘Dowry’ has led Éna to become a much sought after string arranger. Last year, she was responsible for working with Crash Ensemble at the Barbican here in London for ‘Imagining Ireland’, which featured a number of artists including Paul Noonan from Bell X1.
As well as her own co-headline gig with Participant in Jazz Servant Quarters on January 23rd, Éna is also working with Bell X1 on string arrangements for their songs. I can’t wait to see it at Union Chapel, here in London.
The London Ear // Show 228 – Jan 12 2019 // Playlist
Here’s what happened on this week’s episode of The London Ear.
1. Talos:The Light Upon Us
2. Bouts: Loves Lost Landing Part 2
3. Peco McLoughlin: Monster
4. Daniel John Paxton: Railway
5. Bell X1: Rocky Took A Lover
6. Chat with Éna Brennan Part 1
7. Dowry: Is É
8. Chat with Éna Brennan Part 2
9. Participant: Coast
10. Pearse McGloughlin & Nocturnes: Ag Ól, Ag Ól ag an 11. Garbhóg
11.Wild Youth: Making Me Dance
12. Bon Voyage: Born Slippy (2fm session)