Well, a couple of weeks in and 2021 seems like it’s 2020 on speed. At least I have a bag full of tunes to brighten up the January days.
I was just thinking the other day, I started my first radio show on RTÉ 2XM in July 2011. That’s nearly ten years of being able to share wonderful music, arts and culture with you. I’d love to mark the occasion in some way. If you have any ideas on what I should do, please let me know. I don’t really want to do just a ‘Best of’ series.
Also don’t forget if you’re releasing new music, get in touch. email@example.com Make sure you include a press release and downloadable wav. If your music fits in with what I play, I’d love to hear from you but Irish artists will always get the priority.
The London Ear on RTÉ 2XM // Show 325 Playlist
Here’s what I played on this week’s episode of The London Ear.
1. Danny G and The Major 7ths: When It All Runs Out (Hipdrop Records)
2. Celeste: Love is Back (Polydor)
3. Little Comets: Total Abject Paranoia (Little Comets Llp)
4. Skanger: A Chance To Count The Cost (Self Release)
5. Biig Piig: Feels Right (Sony)
6. Josh Clorey: Puffin Clovers (Self Released)
7. Denise Chaila & Jafaris: Anseo (nanolane)
8. Jake Isaac (feat Samm Henshaw & Mumu Fresh): Remember (AntiFragile Music)
9. Aleigh: I’m All Wrong (Self Release)
10. Carrie Baxter: Pray (Independent)
11. Mulcahy: Breathe
12. The Art Crimes Band: In The Dark Of The Evening (Self Release)
13. Laura Mulcahy: The Ballad of Lucy Sands (Self Release)
14. James OR: Ins and Outs (Self Release)
Listen on Demand to The London Ear
Thanks for listening, The London Ear broadcast on DAB radio, Saorview, nationwide in Ireland and outside Ireland you can listen online. You can listen to the show again on RTÉ 2XM on the RTÉ player including all previous episodes. The show is broadcast every Saturday at 1300.
If you missed last week’s show, you can check it out here.