Welcome to this week’s episode of The London Ear on RTÉ 2XM. If you’re in Ireland, hope you’re having a great Bank Holiday weekend. If, like me, you’re in the UK, it’s only two months to Christmas and our next bank holiday.
If you are an Irish community group in the UK, don’t forget to let me know if you are holding events over the winter, please do let me know. It would be great to chat to you about your event. Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following on from playing Kal Lavelle’s track ‘Shiver’s last week, I’ve reignited a feature on the show from last year. I digitised all my music during lockdown and rediscovered lots of great Irish music. There was a Twitter poll this week that asked if bands other than the Beatles covered the Beatles better than they played their own songs. While the question is up for debate, it reminded me of Morning Hush‘s ‘Tomorrow Never Knows’. Let me know what you think? 10 years later, I think it still sounds great!
On next week’s show, I will be joined by Ger Eaton, who recently signed to Dimple Discs, which is fast building up a remarkable stable of acts on its roster.
The London Ear Playlist – October 23 2021
Here’s what was on the playlist for today’s episode of The London Ear.
1. Emma Edel: We Will Try
2. Rowan: Youth and Youthhood
3. Thumper: Loser
4. The Altered Hours: Thistle
5. Lee Rogers: Further On Up The Road
6. Elaine Mai: Together Again
7. Matoma feat Steve Carrigan: Never Surrender
8. Morning Hush: Tomorrow Never Knows
9. ROOUE: Dancing Sad
10. Ger Eaton: The Time It Takes To Fall
11. Power Of Dreams: You Haven’t Really Lived
12. Gemma Dunleavy: Cruisin (Swing Ting Remix)
13. Shibashi feat Candi Staton: Open My Eyes (Dan Grech Radio Mix Edit)
14. Kira: Darkside
15. Melts: Maelstrom
Listen On Demand
Thanks for listening, The London Ear is broadcast online and on your radio apps, in Ireland and around the world. You can listen to the show again on RTÉ 2XM on the RTÉ player including all previous episodes. The show is broadcast every Saturday at 1300.