You know when
people say, when I say, ‘I’ve a jam packed show’ ? It means ‘There’s a lot of things happening on the show today’. Realistically every show is 60 minutes long, you can’t cram more minutes into an hour but sometimes an hour just isn’t enough.
This week was one of those. Last week I caught up with Pearse McGloughlin in his Idiot Songs guise at the BFI on London’s South Bank. I also had the opportunity to chat to Ben Angel from The Bohemian Embassy.
There definitely wasn’t enough time.. here’s what happened:
1. The London Ear intro
2. Little Comets: Little Italy
3. Chat with Ben Angel from The Bohemian Embassy
4. The Bohemian Embassy: Come and See (Met You In Another Life)
5. Chat with Ben Angel from The Bohemian Embassy (Part 2)
6. The Bohemian Embassy: Look East
7. Liz Lawerence: Health and Safety
8. Broods: Never Gonna Change
9. Chat with Pearse McGloughlin from Idiot Songs
10. Idiot Songs: Nastasya’s Tears
11. Chat with Pearse McGloughlin from Idiot Songs (Part 2)
12. Idiot Songs: Villages of Ether
Thanks for listening. You can listen live every Wednesday at 1400 and the repeat on Sunday nights at 2100. You can listen to the show again on the RTE player.
You can also listen to the show in its entirety on Mixcloud.
Don’t forget if you’re Irish and in a band based in the UK or touring in the UK, get in touch I’d love to hear from you. I love hearing new music so if you have something you think I’d be into send me a mail nessy @ nessymon.com (Take out the gaps)
Thanks for listening.
Photo of The Bohemian Embassy from Facebook