The London Ear on RTÉ 2XM // Show 115 with Arveene and Kiernan McMullan
This week’s show was a bit of a personal throwback. The last time I spoke to either of this week’s guests was about 2005/2006. It was great to catch up with DJ and Producer Arveene to chat about What is Ireland? From 1916 to 2016 and Beyond Arveene’s on the bill with Le Galaxie, Kormac and CiCi at the Red Gallery in Shoreditch on April 22nd.
It was also really good to see Kiernan McMullan. Kiernan is the last person I ever thought that I would meet in London as he is now based in Nashville. It was great to catch up with him and see how the Irish in Nashville are getting on.
Here’s what happened:
1. The London Ear Intro
2. Land Lovers: Springtime for the Mystics
3. Chat with Arveene re: What is Ireland?
4. Le Galaxie: Carmen (Arveene and Misk remix)
5. Kiernan McMullan: Speak Your Mind
6. Chat with Kiernan McMullan (Part 1)
7. Kiernan McMullan: Just Another Line
8. Chat with Kiernan McMullan (Part 2)
9. Kiernan McMullan: Everything is Medicine
10. Chat with Kiernan McMullan (Part 3)
11. Kiernan McMullan: I Stayed the Same
Thanks for listening, The London Ear broadcast on DAB radio, Saorview and outside Ireland you can listen online.You can listen to the show again on the RTE player. The show is broadcast every Saturday at 1300.
You can find out about ‘What is Ireland? From 1916 to 2016 and Beyond’ here. You can follow Arveene on Twitter here.
Photo of Kiernan from here. Photo by Carrie Ann Smith / Swak Photography.
Photo of Arveene from here