The London Ear on RTE 2XM // Show 105
The London Ear on RTE 2XM // Show 105 // Jan 16 2016
On this week’s episode of The London Ear, I was delighted to be able to chat to Isolda Heavey of Calais Field Music. Isolda has recorded some Sudanese musicians in the jungle in Calais and they are now selling their music on Bandcamp. You can hear her story.
Also on this week’s show, I chat to Alex Rogers, who joined us two weeks ago for a forward look at 2016. Alex was at the Brixton Singalong / Street party to celebrate the life of David Bowie on Monday, he tells us about the atmosphere on the night.
Here’s what happened:
1. The London Ear Intro
2. WOLFFE: Trouble Ahead
3. Chat with Isolda Heavey re: Calais Field Music
4. Sudan Field Music – Abbas Halla – Song 1
5. Chat with Isolda Heavey re: Calais Field Music (Part 2)
6. Sudan Field Music – Abbas Halla – Song 3
7. Mel Monaco: Single Again
8. Chat with Alex Rogers re: Brixton’s David Bowie Singalong
9. David Bowie: Lazarus
10. WYLDR: Everything’s a Dream
11. David C Clements: I’m Still Alive
12. Victoria Plus Jean: Härlight Sverige
Thanks for listening, The London Ear broadcast on DAB radio, Saorview and outside Ireland you can listen online.You can listen to the show again on the RTE player. The show is broadcast every Saturday at 1300.