This week was a really tough one for me. The heat was a killer with temperatures here in London getting up to and over 30°C. It was enough for me and my pasty Irish skin to buy a UV umbrella to try and get away from some of the sunlight. (Just got an idea for another blog post).
What people don’t tell you is that when you’re away on your holibobs, well, that’s lovely. But, when you’re trying to do your daily 9-5 it’s really tiring.
For these reasons, this week I decided to play some songs that remind me of summer, even though they may not have been released in summertime.
The London Ear on RTÉ 2XM // Show 54 June 24 2017 // Playlist
1. Buffalo Springfield: For What It’s Worth
2. The Doors: Riders on the Storm
3. Santana: Smooth
4. Oasis: Champagne Supernova
5. The 4 of Us: Drag My Bad Name Down
6. The Fat Lady Sings: Arclight
7. Morcheeba: Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day
8. Faithless: We Come One
9. Pulp: Common People
10. The Cardigans: Erase/Rewind
11. Phantom Planet: California
12. Moloko: The Time is Now
The London Ear on RTE 2XM // Show 128 // August 27 2016 Playlist
Here’s what happened on this week’s episode of The London Ear.
1. George The Poet: What do you reckon?
2. Michael Kinawuka feat Nasir : Black Man in a White World (Gettysburg Address)
3. The Swedish Railway Orchestra: VI
4. The Naked and Famous: Higher
5. Benjamin Francis Leftwich: Summer
6. Evering: CityFlyer
7. Dan Amor: Cnoc Cnoc Cnoc
8. Florence and The Machine: Too Much is Never Enough
9. The Lemon Twigs: These Words
10. Cfit: Salvo
11. Swords: Betty Machete
12. Wild Beasts: Big Cat
13. Chat with Andrew Keyes from Romes
14. Romes: Believe
15. Buffalo Springfield: For What It’s Worth