Yep! It looks like the evil that is Christmas is about to take over everything in the next while…According to emailsanta, at the time of writing there are 79 sleeps til Christmas. But I have to say this is quite clever marketing! Here we go..
- People who watch the movie ‘Elf are 3 times more likely to insult their boss at the Christmas Party than people who watch ‘Home Alone’
- 3 out of 4 banking, finance and insurance staff would not bring their partner to the celebrations compared with 1 in 4 public sector workers
- People who eat Cranberry Sauce are 4 times more likely to insult their boss at the Christmas Party
- 3 in 5 people would never call in sick the day after the party because it is too good of an opportunity to slag off their colleagues
- Brussels Sprout lovers are twice as likely to phone in sick on the day after the Christmas Party compared to fans of mince pies
- Over half of respondents think a relationship started at the end of year work party can last
- Guys who wear a novelty tie are 3 times more likely to snog a colleague at the Christmas party
- Offices located on Dublins Northside are the most amorous with nearly half of colleagues having snogged someone at the bash
COMEDY CLUBS RECENT SURVEY EXPOSES FESTIVE FAUX PAS
With now being the time to think ahead and book the annual end of year work party, Ireland’s premier comedy venue the Laughter Lounge reveal the results of their Christmas office party survey and reveal the statistics surrounding co-worker hook ups, cringe worthy karaoke and rowdy behaviour. Nearly 1000 respondents took part in the recent survey and have confessed their work shindig shenanigans.
5 USUAL SUSPECTS OF A WORK PARTY IDENTIFIED
From the survey, 5 stereotypical party goers were identified: The Sneaky Snogger, The Festive Fistycuffs, The Dad Dancer, The Seasonal Snoozer and The Escape Artist. 37% of office workers have shared a cheeky kiss with a co-worker, with over 3 in 4 (76%) admitting to dancing around their handbags and throwing shapes on the dancefloor. 25% admit to insulting a co-worker or their boss, with 28.5% of Healthcare staff confessing to telling their employer exactly how they feel at the bash.
SNUBBING THE WORK SHINDIG HAS BEEN NAMED THE NUMBER 1 SEASONAL SIN
With 62% viewing the Christmas party as the best way to have fun with colleagues after a long working year, 24% of respondents named not turning up to the annual celebrations at all as the number one crime. Falling asleep at the party (18%) and confronting your boss (23%) also made the list of worst offenses. While 1 in 10 (11%) say sleeping with a co-worker or boss is a step too far, 33% of workers who work outside of Dublin admit to getting lucky at the bash compared to 15% of Southsiders and 20% of Northsiders.
MAKE THIS CHRISTMAS THE ULTIMATE CRACKER AND BOOK YOUR PARTY NOW
With 96.8% of respondents looking for a party in full swing until the early hours, the Laughter Lounge offer a great selection of recession-busting food and beverage deals to accompany the world class comedy entertainment and late night DJ. Christmas parties run from Thursday November 24th to Thursday December 22nd at the Laughter Lounge (Basement 4 – 8 Eden Quay, O’Connell Bridge, Dublin 1). Dates are selling fast so please call 01-878 3003 or email email@example.com to hold seats with no deposit necessary and avoid disappointment.
CHRISTMAS PARTY BOOKING INFORMATION
Christmas party dates: Thursday November 24th – Thursday December 22
Shows: Weekly on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Time: Doors at 7pm, Show at 8.30pm
To hold seats with no deposit necessary or check availability, please call 01-878 3003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.