Culture Cafe on RTE 2XM: Show 111 4/09/2013
So today is the last Culture Cafe on RTE 2XM, I’ve just started a new job in London and it’s not that easy to cover arts and culture in one country when you’re living in another. So I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped me out over the past four years of Culture Cafe.
It started as a little idea I had for DCUfm after 53 term time episodes there, the show move to RTE 2XM for 111 shows. Thanks to the guys in DCUfm for letting me run with the idea, mind you, even if they didn’t like I probably would have still tried to do it. Thanks to Mark in RTE 2XM, for believing that Culture Cafe could have a national audience and that it was good enough to broadcast on RTE.
Thanks to all the guests who appeared, thanks to the PR companies and managers who got weird calls from me when I said I wanted to speak to their clients. Finally, thank you for listening, if I don’t have listeners there’s no point in having a show. Merci beaucoup, I appreciate it.
This week I spoke to The Late David Turpin about the release of his new album ‘We Belong Dead’.
I’ll be starting a new music based show in the next couple of weeks, stay tuned for details!
Here’s what happened:
1. DJ Flip & Freezemaster Slick: Crossroads
2. John Newman: Cheating
3. The 1975: Heart Out
4. I’m Your Vinyl: I’m Yours
5. Hudson Taylor: Care
6. Mark Geary: Get Here
7. The Late David Turpin: A Warning To The Curious
8. Chat with The Late David Turpin including:
9. The Late David Turpin: Never Be Found Again
10. The Late David Turpin: Like Bird and Beast
11. The Late David Turpin: Bear of a Star
12. The Late David Turpin: Howl
13. The Late David Turpin: The Hotel
14. James Wolf: No Danger
15. Runaway Go: Delicate Man
16. Saint Motel: 1997
17. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool: Dance the Way I Feel
18. Flip & Freeze feat Zion I, Grip Grand and One Be Lo: Crossroads